We are glad that you are visiting our website and pleased to see your interest in our institute and our services. In the following Data Protection Declaration we explain what personal data we collect about you when you visit our website www.bewusstseinserforschung.de and how this data is used. You will also find information here about what data is collected as a result of your participation in seminars, training courses and symposia. At the same time, this summary serves to inform you about the processing of your data in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We take the protection of personal data very seriously and always process them in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Through this Data Protection Declaration we would like to inform you fully about the type, scope and purpose of the personal data processed by us and your rights as a data subject.
The Controller under the terms of data-protection legislation (in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation) is:
The International Institute for Consciousness Research and Psychotherapy e.V. Freiburg
Legal representatives: Dr. Ingo Benjamin Jahrsetz, Rainer Pervöltz
Address: Heimbachweg 1A, D-79299 Wittnau
Telephone +49 (0)761-475846
You can exercise the following rights under the above contact details:
In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, you are entitled to request comprehensive information from the Institute at any time regarding the data stored about you.
In accordance with Art. 16, 17 and 18 GDPR, you can request the rectification, erasure and restriction of individual personal data at any time:
- Right to information: In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, you can request information about your personal data that we process.
- Right of objection under Art. 21, Paragraph 1 GDPR: You have a right of objection on particular grounds.
- Right to rectification: If the information concerning you is not (or is no longer) correct, you can request a rectification in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR. If your data is incomplete, you can request that it be completed.
- Right to erasure: You can request the erasure of your personal data in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR.
- Right to restrict processing: Under Art. 18 GDPR, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
- Right of complaint: If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates data-protection law, you have the right to complain to a data-protection supervisory authority of your choice in accordance with Article 77, Paragraph 1 GDPR. This includes the data-protection supervisory authority competent for the Controller: the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of Baden-Württemberg, PO Box 10 29 32, 70025 Stuttgart, Königstrasse 10A, 70173
Stuttgart, Tel.: +49 (0)711-615541-0, Fax: +49 (0)711-615541-15,
- Right to data transferability: Should the conditions of Art. 20, Paragraph 1 GDPR be met, you have the right to have any data that we process automatically on the basis of your consent, or in fulfilment of a contract, handed over to you or to third parties. The capture of data for the provision of the website and the storage of log files are absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. They are therefore not based on consent pursuant to Art. 6, Paragraph 1 (a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6, Paragraph 1 (b) GDPR, but are justified pursuant to Art. 6, Paragraph 1 (f ) GDPR. The requirements of Art. 20, Paragraph 1 GDPR are therefore not fulfilled in this respect.
- If you have given us permission to collect and process your personal data, you can amend or completely revoke this permission at any time. However, this will only come into effect in the future from the time of revocation. You can send the revocation either by post, by e-mail or by fax to the Controller. You will not incur any costs other than the postage costs or the transmission costs according to the existing basic tariffs.
You may at any time submit a complaint to the regulatory authority responsible for you.
Please refer to the following link to find which supervisory authority is responsible for you, as their competence depends on the federal state of your residence; https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
Purposes of data processing by the Controller and third parties
We collect and process your personal data only for the purposes which you find in our Data Protection Declaration. Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties outside the purposes stated here, unless
- You have given us your express consent to do so,
- This is necessary for the execution of a contract with you,
- This is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation,
- Or this is necessary to protect legitimate interests, but only if we must and can assume that no overriding legitimate interest not to pass on the data exists on your part.
- Erasure or blocking of data
In accordance with legal requirements, we adhere to the principles of data avoidance and data economy. Your personal data will therefore only be stored by us for as long as is necessary for the foregoing purposes or for as long as the periods stipulated by law must be observed. After the expiry of these periods or after the purpose has been fulfilled, the data is routinely blocked or erased in accordance with statutory provisions.
1. Collection of general information when visiting our website www.consciousness-exploration.org
When you visit our website, information of a general nature is captured. This information is technically necessary to display the contents of our website correctly. When using the Internet, this information is accrued automatically and necessarily.
Whenever the contents of the website are accessed, data is temporarily stored (log files), which may allow identification. The following data is collected during this process:
- Date and time of access
- IP address
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Website from which the website was viewed
- Websites viewed via the website
- Page visited on our website
- Message whether the retrieval was successful
- Amount of data transmitted
- Information about the browser type and version used
- Operating system
- Web-analysis data / pseudonymous user profiles (cookie ID, ad ID etc.)
Temporary storage of data is necessary for the course of a website visit in order for the website to be delivered. Further storage in log files is carried out to ensure the functionality of the website and the security of the information technology systems. These purposes also constitute our legitimate interest in data processing.
What is the legal basis for processing these data?
The data are processed pursuant to Art. 6, Paragraph 1 (f) DSGVO.
Are there other recipients of the personal data in addition to the controller?
The website is hosted at 1&1 IONOS SE, Elgendorfer Strasse 57, 56410 Montabaur. The hoster receives the foregoing data as a processor.
How long is the data stored?
The data will be erased as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of the website, this is the case when the respective session is ended. The log files are kept for a maximum of 24 hours directly and exclusively accessible to administrators. After that, they are only available indirectly through the reconstruction of backup tapes and are permanently erased after a maximum of 4 weeks.
The processing of your personal data is derived from our legitimate interest in the foregoing purposes of data collection. We do not use your data to draw conclusions about your person. The only recipients of the data are the controller in our company or possible data processors. Anonymous information of this kind is statistically evaluated by us, if necessary, in order to optimise our internet presence and the technology behind it.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on the PC of the Internet user. They are used to control the internet connection during your visit to our website. At the same time, these cookies provide us with information that enables us to optimise our website to meet the needs of our visitors. Cookies are sometimes only stored for the duration of your stay on the website, but sometimes also for a longer period of time by your browser. All cookies contain purely technical information - no personal data. Of course you can also view our website without cookies. However, most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can prevent cookies from being saved by setting your browser preferences to this effect. If you do not accept cookies, this can lead to functional restrictions in our facilities.
This website uses "Borlabs Cookie", which sets technically necessary cookies (borlabs cookie) to store your cookie consent. Borlabs Cookie does not process any personal data.
The borlabs cookie stores your consent that you gave when you entered the website. If you wish to revoke these consents, simply delete the cookie in your browser. When you re- enter/reload the website, you will be asked again for your cookie consent.
Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the proper functioning of the website.
Content from video platforms and social-media platforms is blocked by default. If cookies from external media are accepted, access to this content no longer requires manual consent.
Name: Google Maps
Purpose: Used to unlock Google Maps content.
Cookie name: NID
Cookie duration: 6 months
Purpose: Used to unlock Vimeo content.
Cookie name: vuid
Cookie Term: 2 years
Purpose: Used to unlock YouTube content.
Cookie name: NID
Cookie duration: 6 months
To protect your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption procedures (e.g. SSL) via HTTPS.
Integration of social media (Facebook etc.)
No social media channels are integrated.
Use of script libraries
- Type of data: browser type/version, operating system used, referrer URL (the previously visited page), host name of the accessing computer (IP address), time of server request
- Purpose: to provide cookie notification
- Legal basis: legitimate interest under Art. 6 (f) GDPR
- Data transfer to third parties: not known
- Data transfer abroad: not known
Use of GoogleAnalytics
Google Analytics is not incorporated.
Use of YouTube and Vimeo
There are no videos embedded directly on the website.
2. Capture of personal data when participating in seminars, training courses, symposia and other events
We process the following personal data insofar as a contractual relationship exists between you and us or you have otherwise transferred the data to us:
- Personal master data (name, address)
- Communication data (telephone number, fax, e-mail address etc)
- Billing and payment data
- Health data, if applicable (via questionnaire with consent)
If we provide services for you which are subject to a charge, we shall request data, such as payment details, in order to be able to carry out your booking and the seminar. We store this data in our systems until the statutory retention periods have expired.
Information for the purpose of processing and legal basis
We collect this data for the purpose of fulfilling the contract, and/or for appropriate advice and information on our seminars, courses, groups and training courses via post, telephone or e-mail. They are necessary and required for this purpose. The legal basis is founded on GDPR Art. 6, Paragraph 1 (a) (consent), (b) (fulfilment of contract) and (f) (legitimate interest). Data will not be passed on (except to our commissioned processors).
Amendment to data-protection guidelines
Due to the further development of our website, or the implementation of new technologies, or similar factors, it may become necessary to change these data-protection notices. We reserve the right to change the data-protection notices at any time with effect for the future.
We recommend you to read the current data-protection notices again from time to time.
Questions about data protection
This Data Protection Declaration was generated by Frankfurter Datenschutz